Developed to improve automation and productivity associated with achieving compliance to functional safety standards, such as ISO 26262, the Safety Solution offers new verification tools, including the Midas Safety Platform, vManager Safety Manager and Xcelium Safety Simulator.
In addition, the safety solution also consists of existing verification, design, analogue and digital tools, including the Cadence Jasper Functional Safety Verification (FSV) App, Legato Reliability Solution, Spectre Simulation Platform, Genus Synthesis Solution, Innovus Implementation System, Modus DFT Software Solution and Conformal Equivalence Checker.
“Semiconductor development for automotive applications presents a host of challenges that the entire supply chain needs to address, including rigorous safety certifications required to achieve compliance with the ISO 26262 standard,” said Paul Cunningham, corporate VP and GM of the System & Verification Group at Cadence.
The Cadence Safety Solution includes flows and engines enhanced for advanced safety design and verification and includes:
- FMEDA Management: The new Midas Safety Platform provides early phase exploration of functional safety architectures and leverages native chip design data to perform accurate safety analysis efficiently. The platform is a unified solution available across Cadence products, and with its modular architecture, supports both embedded or standalone usage with the Cadence flow.
- Fault Simulation: The new Xcelium Safety Simulator leverages Cadence’s native serial and concurrent fault simulation technologies to drive the highest performing safety analysis available. The simulator’s machine learning algorithms, coupled with the formal-based flow, dramatically accelerates the overall verification throughput.
- Fault Campaign Management: The new vManager Safety Manager offers functional and safety verification management integrated in one unified system for verification campaign management across all Cadence engines. Customers can experience a 3X turnaround time reduction for safety verification campaigns by leveraging vManager Safety Manager to orchestrate fault coverage across the Jasper FSV App and Xcelium Safety Simulator. Also, the vManager Verification Management platform offers customers connections to enable requirements traceability, while vManager Safety Manager handles safety verification in both analogue and digital domains and automates reporting for required safety documentation.
- Formal Verification: The Jasper FSV App applies industry-leading formal techniques to fault analysis, reducing a simulation fault list by up to 30%, increasing safety verification performance.
- Automated Analog Functional Safety: The Safety Solution integrates the Spectre Simulation Platform and the Legato Reliability Solution to allow automated launching of analogue and mixed-signal fault simulations for different failure modes and generation of functional safety diagnostic coverage reports with an annotation back into the Midas Safety Platform, accelerating functional safety closure.
- Automated Safety Mechanism Insertion, Optimisation and Verification: The Safety Solution integrates the Genus Synthesis Solution, Innovus Implementation System and Conformal Equivalence Checker to guide the insertion of safety mechanisms, such as triple modular redundancy and dual-core lock-step safety islands, in the implementation flow, allowing customers to achieve safety requirements while optimising for power, performance and area objectives.