Space-saving and rugged these components are intended to meet the needs of next generation applications in smart and electric vehicles. The AEC-Q101 range of devices available cuts across all Nexperia’s product groups and includes:
- BC817QBH-Q and BC807QBH-Q series 45 V, 500 mA NPN/PNP general-purpose transistors in DFN1110D-3.
- BAT32LS-Q and BAT42LS-Q general-purpose Schottky diode in DFN1006BD-2
- BAS21LS-Q high-speed switching diode in DFN1006BD-2 package.
- PDTA143/114/124/144EQB-Q series 50 V 100 mA PNP Resistor-Equipped Transistor (RET) family in DFN1110D-3 package.
- 2N7002KQB – 60 V N-channel Trench MOSFET and BSS84AKQB – 50 V, P-channel Trench MOSFET in DFN1110D-3 package.
Leadless DFN packages are up to 90% smaller than SOT23 packages and help to reduce the amount of board space required for the rapidly increasing number of electronic components being used in the latest vehicles.
The side-wettable flank feature offers very reliable automated optical inspection (AOI) of solder joint quality. Nexperia’s DFN packages also provide enhanced thermal performance with high Ptot and have passed numerous extended lifetime and reliability tests.
"Nexperia pioneered side-wettable DFN and now offers the widest range of AEC-Q101 qualified discrete components in these miniature leadless packages”, said Mark Roeloffzen, Senior Vice President & General Manager of Nexperia’s Bipolar Discretes Business Group. “More than 460 different high-volume devices are available in the recently released DFN1412D-3, DFN1110D-3, and DFN1006BD-2 packages. By offering even more devices in these miniature packages, Nexperia provides design engineers with greater opportunities to make their designs future-proof, having an impact on the mobility of the future. The new technology has already seen success with design-in and commitment from major Tier 1 automotive suppliers”.