The DBAS 9 connector has been specifically designed to offer increased configuration options providing additional design flexibility in the harsh environments of military and space applications.
This push pull connector has been built on time-tested technologies that combine the extreme reliability of the DBAS 7 connector with the flexibility of standard D38999 inserts. The DBAS 9 connector also provides cost-effective solutions using AS39029 signal and power contacts.
According to TE the DBAS 9 is easy to install and uninstall, and provides a high level of performance with it able to withstand extreme shock, vibration and high temperatures up to 200°C.
The DBAS 9 connector is intended for harsh applications, such as umbilical connectors for missiles and rockets where lanyard quick release or rack and panel mating is used.
Key features of the DBAS 9 connector include:
- Visual and sensitive push-pull locking system for blind mating applications
- Leading clip help prevent accidental un-mating on demand
- Easy locking/unlocking (in heavy duty lanyard configuration)
- Wide range of arrangements configurations of D38999 inserts: high density, hybrid signal and power layout and high-speed
- Rack and panel feature
- Large range of backshells and accessories
The wide range of inserts and large range of shell types and accessories with multiple surface-finishing options makes integrated solutions for custom designs possible, such as integrated backshells, fibre optic and high-speed solutions.
In addition, if requested DBAS-9 connectors can also be manufactured according to European Space Agency (ESA) procedures to improve traceability and quality insurance requested for critical space applications.