A microcontroller development platform based on the STM32F4 series CPU it’s paired with a rotary encoder display, with others to follow. The aim is to provide a pre-developed Hardware/Software combination that is easy to integrate within a system and enhancing the User Experience of the final application.
According to Anders, it not only allows idea validation with a quick proof of concept, but also allows development of software for a final prototype and can save up to 6 months’ worth of time and financial resource in hardware development and driver integration.
DRAGONEYE is powered by the ARM Cortex M4 core from ST Microelectronics and is intended for the rapid development, testing and evaluation of display performance, GUI designs, software control, and I/O communication ports.
This platform has pre-developed drivers for an expanding range of circular displays, input encoders and touch sensors which will save significant engineering time and effort in development and debugging. DRAGONEYE not only delivers a rapid proof of concept but accelerates the overall product prototype development.
Anders can customise DRAGONEYE by re-purposing the industrial grade hardware, the software, or the mechanical features for production reality, and provide a complete sub-assembly for mass production and long-term continuity of supply.
Whether designers need a specific display size or shape for an application or are considering a different STM32-MCU configuration, the Anders engineering team can aid the design process.
- High-performance: STM32F4 series MCU featuring MIPI-DSI and RGB interface.
- Expanded memory options: 16MB SDRAM and Flash for peace of mind UI/UX development.
- Extensive host connectivity: UART, SPI, CAN bus, I2C, GPIOs to directly drive host co-processor or sensors/actuators.
- Expansion connectivity: Including UART, I2C, GPIOs, Wi-Fi/BT for total standalone applications.
- High contrast display: 480 x 480 (or 240 x 240) IPS-TFT LCD.
- User input interaction: Rotary Encoder or Capacitive Touchscreen options
- GUI rendering: Built-in display driver IC
The ready-to-run Microcontroller Development Kit includes:
- DRAGONEYE Microcontroller development platform with access to STM's trusted ‘cube’ suite of software tools including the TouchGFX GUI editor.
- Pre-integrated hardware with 2.1” Rotary Encoder LCD (1.3” rotary encoder or 2.1" circular capacitive touchscreen display options available soon).
- Pre-developed software driver package (BSP).