Smiths Interconnect’s comprehensive range of broadband WR112 waveguide components has been designed for mission critical applications including satellite communications, commercial datalinks and deep space mission management. Several of these products are also used in terrestrial defence applications.
Each device is optimised to operate over broad-assigned frequency bands under the most rigorous conditions. The designs have been tested in accordance with customer specifications and space qualified using a comprehensive suite of test facilities available in the company’s state-of-the-art test and qualification laboratory in Dundee, Scotland.
Qualification comprises thermal shock and cycling, sine/random vibration, mechanical shock and, where appropriate, continuous waveform and peak power under TVAC, critical power and seeded multipaction. Summary and qualification data reports are available to prospective customers.
Smiths Interconnect’s X-band WR112 waveguide components offer the following features:
- Aluminium housings with a standard clear passivation coating.
- Low emissivity paint or precious metal plating which is available on request.
- Broadband requiring fewer part options to address the allocated frequency band
- Temperature stable and multipaction-free
- Mechanical modifications upon request, (circulation, flange, etc.)
Sample data and test reports are available to assist in the design and qualification process.