The LSIC2SD170Bxx Series SiC Schottky Diodes are available in the TO-247-2L package with a choice of current ratings (10A, 25A, or 50A) and offer power electronics system designers a variety of performance advantages, including close-to-zero reverse recovery current, high surge capability, and a maximum operating junction temperature of 175°C. They are intended for applications that require enhanced efficiency, reliability, and simplified thermal management.
SiC Schottky barrier diodes have been designed to beused in a wide range of AC/DC and DC/DC power converters for industry, energy generation, and energy distribution/storage, including:
- Industrial switch-mode power supplies,
- Uninterruptable power supplies,
- Battery chargers,
- Solar inverters,
- Industrial motor drives, and
- High speed rectifiers.
Key benefits of the LSIC2SD170Bxx SiC Schottky diodes include:
- Positive temperature coefficient of the forward voltage for safe operation and ease of paralleling
- Extremely fast, temperature-independent switching
- Dramatically reduced switching losses compared to Si bipolar diodes
- Optimised overall system efficiency