The Vizi-AI starter devkit includes an Intel Atom based SMARC computer module with Intel Distribution of OpenVINO toolkit and ADLINK Edge software. The dekvit is available exclusively through Arrow Electronics in the North America and EMEA regions.
Developers will be able to connect Vizi-AI to different image capture devices and then deploy and improve machine learning models to gather insight from vision data to optimise operational decision-making. Vizi-AI includes a range of pre-built OpenVINO compatible machine learning models that can be used straight out of the box.
The Vizi-AI devkit includes:
- Intel Atom based SMARC computer module with Intel Movidius Myriad X VPU and 40 pin connector.
- Intel Distribution of OpenVINO toolkit, which optimises deep learning workloads across Intel architecture, including accelerators, and streamlines deployments from the edge to the cloud.
- ADLINK Edge software provides enhanced functionality of OpenVINO through the ADLINK Data River which enables data to flow freely and securely.
- ADLINK Edge Profile builder which provides a simple, intuitive user experience to manage devices and applications.
- ADLINK Edge Model Manager which enables users to add their own models to a pre-loaded selection for easy deployment.
Vizi-AI is also supported by its own community, where users can find support, pre-built scenarios and other useful resources.
According to Christine Boles, VP at Intel, “The Vizi-AI devkit integrates Intel’s leading technologies, coupled with ADLINK Edge software, for faster and easier machine vision AI deployments at the edge. Using an Intel Atom®based SMARC computer module with Movidius Myriad X VPU, which features a dedicated hardware accelerator for deep neural network and computer vision , Vizi-AI is purpose-built for enterprise developers and data scientists. It comes with a range of pre-built machine learning models for a good out-of-the-box experience.”
“ADLINK is working closely with Intel to apply artificial intelligence to edge computing and the Vizi-AI devkit releases the potential for developers to deploy vision-based AI applications faster and easier than ever so our industrial customers can optimise operational efficiency and drive business value,” said Steve Cammish, VP Edge Solutions at ADLINK.
“We have designed the Vizi-AI devkit as an integrated hardware and software solution which provides users with an ideal starting point to find business value from machine vision AI by enabling easy edge deployment of their machine learning models. This approach can then be scaled for industrial requirements using the same software but deployed on more powerful hardware as needed. This gives our customers the ultimate future-proofed flexibility, knowing at deployment time they can make their hardware solution choice, but in development they can start on our low-cost Edge AI Development kit.”