With a PCIe Gen 3 x2 interface and NVMe 1.3, this solution targets applications with demanding performance levels across a variety of industries enabled by Ultra-High Performance SD Express cards.
The SM2708 turnkey solution supports the latest 3D NAND and features Silicon Motion's proprietary NANDXtend ECC technology, internal data path protection, and programmable firmware to maximise both reliability and endurance.
"Many of the latest high-end cameras & mobile phones are capable of recording video in 8K and require a faster transfer rate," said Nelson Duann, Silicon Motion's Senior Vice President of Marketing and R&D. "With the SM2708 controller now supporting the SD 8.0 specification which nearly triples throughput, applications such as 8K video capture, RAW photography, multi-channel IoT devices, multi-processing automotive storage and other applications requiring ultra-high data speeds are possible."
The SM2708 design kit is now available, and its firmware drives ultra-high random performance with industry-leading capabilities, including:
- High-performance PCIe Gen3 x2 lanes, NVMe 1.3 compliance
- Supports 2 Flash channels with 8CE
- Supports the latest 3D NAND
- Supports ONFI 4.1/3.0, Toggle 3.0/2.0, Frequencies up to 1200 MT/s
- NANDXtend ECC technology: high-performance LDPC error correction code (ECC) engine with RAID
- Lowest power consumption under 1.5mW