28 March 2012
RF3688 802.11 b/g/a/n dual band FEM
RFMD's new RF3688 is a single chip dual band front end module (FEM) for high performance WiFi applications in the 2.5 and 5GHz ISM bands.
It contains integrated PAs for 2.5 and 5GHz, Tx/Rx switch for each band, baluns for both low and high receive bands, bypass capacitors, built in power detector for both bands, and filtering for transmit paths. The RF3688 is packaged in a 24pin, 4x4mm QFN package with backside ground. Applications include cellular handsets, mobile devices, tablets, consumer electronics and netbooks.
• Single-Module Radio Front-End
• Single Supply Voltage 3.0V to 4.8V
• Integrated 2.4GHz to 2.5GHz and 4.9GHz to 5.85GHz PAs, Rx Baluns, Filters and Switches for Tx and Rx
• 11g POUT=17dBm, OFDM <2.4% EVM
• 11a POUT =16.5dBm, OFDM <2.4% EVM
• POUT Meeting 11b Mask =21.5dBm
The product is currently available in production quantities.
This material is protected by Findlay Media copyright
One-off usage is permitted but bulk copying is not.
For multiple copies contact the